Tuesday, April 25, 2006

the stub is gone!

My kid is growing up. Last night, around midnight, mara is changing jasper’s diaper in another room and calls for me to come quick. I’m tucked into bed, all nice and warm, so I think to myself: this better be good. I thought: it better not be some slight color hue to his feces or “just look how much pee he did this time.” And as I approached, it was clear to me this was indeed a special moment. Jasper’s bare belly no longer holds the discolored and shriveled umbilical cord stub. It decided to unleash itself to leave behind a beautiful belly button for us to see for the first time.

mara asked me if I wanted to save it. Disgusting I thought. Then, for a second, I wondered if I should take a picture of it for the blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just don't eat it.

Anonymous said...

okay... so where is the picture???haha

Anonymous said...

that is tooooo funny!

Anonymous said...

add some barbecue sauce and eat crunchy.