Sunday, July 23, 2006

time to think

airplane rides are good times to sit and collect. with 2006 a little over half way done, there was alot to think about on the ride home from philly with this year's events so far. i jotted down some thoughts on an American Airlines napkin and added some while i was writing this:

i've seen: my wife's uterous (it was a glossy blueish purple) + my son take his first breath and exhale out a cry i will never forget.

i'm fortunate: still get to play my drums, live in the USA, a brother who spent 5 years defending the USA, my health, my son's health, my wife's health, my family's health.

i'm glad: blessings aren't just for the ones who kneel (thanks Bono), my new camera shoots 3 frames a second! hehe, miss puerto rico won miss universe (i dont watch bueaty pagnents, but it puts a smile on mara face that miss PR won).

my family has grown: a son, a new sister, a new brother.


my family has shrunk: the "truth's" light can be so bright it blinds us sometimes.


i'm tierd: the skies in the middle east continue to light up with war, abortion rate is not declining, im awake at night thinking of approaching deadlines, + its been way too hot outside.

i'm excited: my son changes every day, shadedbox has never been busier, warren buffet + bill gates are set to defeat AIDS + maybe poverty while they are at it, computers get faster expotentially every 18 months, the space shuttle went up into space and back down without a hitch, jasper sleeps 10 hours a night now, life gives me surprises, + 2006 has 5 more months to deliver them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Joey. I whish we all did this. Sit back, collect our thoughts and be thankfull for everything we have.

Anonymous said...

What about being thankful for the "miracle plant"? You know you can't wait to smoke it.

Anonymous said...

You really are a fascinating individual and you make my hearth beat with joy when I read such poetry. Thanks for brightening my day. Take care and I love you.

Anonymous said...

Andy and Joey- Its great to see you two funloving characters still kibbutzing after all these years. How bout you two jumping on your Harleys and drifting with me this summer?? We're all Easy Riders.

Anonymous said...

We're grateful, that you established this blog and share your thoughts and inspirations with all of us. Go Bucks!

Anonymous said...

Joey, WE loved reading your thoughts and feeling concerning life. You really do have a talent of saying it just right.