Wednesday, October 18, 2006

more conclusive evidence

i've instructed my crack team of detectives (my dad) to scour the jones archives for more evidence of my brother ben + i's child labor. my father, er... lead detective, has uncovered a teasure trove of unclassified photos documenting, once more, the harsh conditions that my brother and i were forced to endure as youths. to the left, one can distinctly see Ben scream out in pain as he manages to muster enough strength to lift one more piece of wood. one may ask..where is your sister jessica while ben + you risked frost bite, sickness, + maybe even your lives?
the amount of tracks we made each trip is proof enough of our sacrifice. each trip back and forth seemed to take that much more off our youthful innocence.

viewing this picture as a grown adult, a swarm of lost memories i had managed to push back into the recceses of my mind, came flooding back like a feshly dumped quart of wood. i vividly now remember forcing my tierd + weak body to rest...just a few minutes....in hopes of regaining my strength. as my brother lie motionless next to me, i even wondered if we would make it back that day. the memory of the snow's bite on my numb red checks is now indeliable in my mind.


as ben continued on, with the use of his now famous walking stick, it gave me the strength and inspiration to push on. hours later, when the fall of day light was our instructions to end, i had to carry his cripled and mangled body inside. to our astonishment, jessica was also sighing a relief from a long working day...of organizing her barbie doll collection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, you are so full of ......! You must be smoking something out there in Ca.

joey said...

name yourself anonymous!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahaha! no never! You know who this is!

Anonymous said...

It is incredibly entertaining to view the creativity of Joey and the revisionist history of those fun-filled snow days in Ohio when Ben and Joey would joyously refresh the firewood stack while Jessica and Mom refreshed the hot cocoa waiting for them indoors. Any exhaustion depicted in these photos was a result of snow ball fights between Joey and Ben or a result of them chasing poor Jessica (stacking the firewood at the back of the yard) around the house. My regrets for neglecting to get pix of Jessica splitting and stacking the firewood, a mistake that I corrected with Victoria.

Anonymous said...

Jones - you are such a sissy! One load of firewood and you are spent. I'm sure you were barking orders at Ben and Jessica while you floundered in the snow drifts.